Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blackboard Vs. Twitter.


Twitter or Blackboard… I’m more familiar with Blackboard for the moment and have used it for over 3 years, so I guess I will have to say Blackboard but not definitively. While Blackboard is my choice I do acknowledge blackboard has its flaws. It’s out-dated, clunky, and has a high learning curve for new users, unlike Twitter which is relatively simple. Also, blackboard is exclusively for academic purposes. Some people use their Twitters for personal use as well, I’m not saying that’s wrong, but it makes it difficult to screen out which of their post are for the class and which ones are personal.  So that’s my take on the matter, though I’m equally comfortable with both for the purpose of class participation, I would prefer Blackboard for class discussions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment